Any time you start a new task or project, it is always intimidating at the beginning because all you can think about is ALL of the work that you still have to do. When you are starting something from scratch, it can often be overwhelming because there’s just so much that you need to do and sometimes you don’t even know where to begin. I have experienced this feeling numerous times in my life. I just get so overwhelmed and end up “freezing” because I don’t know what to do first and then I just end up doing nothing.
The same thing happens when you are trying to start an online business, and in this article I am going to give you 3 pieces of advice on how to overcome this so you can keep your business moving forward.
#1: Don’t let what you can’t do affect what you can do.
The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people don’t let what they can’t do affect what they can do. Let me give you some examples of this.
Unsuccessful people will say things like…
“I don’t have time to workout for an hour today so I just won’t workout at all”
“I won’t be able to finish this report today that my boss is asking me for so I will wait and start it tomorrow”
“I don’t have time to completely finish this project at the house that my spouse wants me to do so I will just wait for a day when I have enough time to finish the entire thing”
Successful people on the other hand will say things like…
“I don’t have time to workout for an hour today, but I do have time to go on a 15 minute run”
“I won’t be able to finish this report today that my boss is asking me for, but I can at least get 25% of it done and then do the other 75% tomorrow”
“I don’t have time to completely finish this project at the house that my spouse wants me to do, but I can at least gather everything that I need to do this project”
Baby steps are always better than no steps. You might not be able to finish a task, but you can at least get part of it done which is better than nothing! If you can incorporate this mindset into all aspects of your life then you will be so much farther ahead of the people that just keep putting tasks off.
#2: Schedule your tasks for the week.
Life is so busy all the time so if you don’t schedule the tasks that you have to do for your business then there is a good chance that you will not get them done. I suggest you take time at the beginning of each week to schedule out the things that you need to do for your business that week.
Evaluate your schedule for that week, and then make sure you work all of these tasks in where you can. It might not be the same time everyday, but if you want to be successful online, then you HAVE to make time to work on your business.
I have a whiteboard with a calendar, and I that works really well for me to schedule my work. I just come up with everything I want to get done that week, and then I break it up into manageable tasks each day. Once you have your schedule built, then you just have to be sure to stay disciplined and follow through with those tasks. Don’t put them off because then you will have even more tasks the next day to catch back up.
It’s true when they say “those who fail to plan can plan to fail”. Planning your work is the absolute best way to make sure you keep moving your business forward. If you don’t plan then you are just wandering around aimlessly and you will get nowhere.
#3: Write your tasks in a list and mark them off when they are completed.
This piece of advice is more mental than it is physical. I highly suggest that when you are coming up with your tasks for the week that you physically write them down in a list. This can be on a whiteboard or a notebook, but write them all out one by one.
Throughout the week as you complete these tasks, I want you to physically cross them off the list. It is such a good feeling marking things off of your list. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment and it really helps build your confidence. At the end of the week, you will look at the list with everything crossed off and you will feel absolutely amazing! Seeing those tasks completed shows you that your business is continuing to move forward, and it gets you excited to do it all again the next week!
Remember that online marketing is a medium to long term strategy. You won’t be able to build your business overnight. Building an online business is all about baby steps and just continuing to take action everyday to keep your business moving forward. I know life can get busy, and schedules always change. Just try to do at least 1 thing for your business every single day. If you can do this and follow the advice given in this article, then you will have an amazing business in no time!
P.S. Let me know your thoughts on this article in the comments below!
P.P.S. If you want to learn the secret affiliate marketing strategy that 95% of affiliate marketers don’t use, then CLICK HERE! <<<